I made a few cards with the 2-step™ stamp Lots of Lavender from the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Sale-a-bration catalog. I left most of them blank on the inside so that there is room to write a nice note to a friend.
Here are the cards
Here’s How I Made the Cards
- Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ cardstock, scored at 5 1/2″ on the 11″ side and folded in half.
- First Layer: 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Calypso Coral cardstock or textured purple cardstock (from my stash)
- Flagged Layer: Use the largest banner from Banner Framelits or cut Designer Series Paper to 2 3/4″ x 4 7/8″. Cut a 1″ slit in the center of the 2 3/4″ side. Cut from each corner to the top of the slit to flag the end of the paper.
- The image is stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Line the inside of the cards (except the Tutti-Frutti card) with Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
I recommend using a dark color like Soft Suede or Basic Black ink to stamp the outline image of the flowers. I tried using a green ink, but it didn’t look good. I used Perfect Plum ink on the filler stamp for the flowers. The plum ink was too dark at full strength so I stamped off twice to get a lighter shade before stamping onto the flower image. I used Calypso Coral or Bashful Bride ink on the ribbon and bow area depending on what the main color in the Designer Series Paper was or to match the Calypso Coral in the first layer.
I stamped the sentiments with Versamark ink onto scraps of cardstock and heat embossed them with gold or silver embossing powder to match the foil on the Designer Series Paper. It doesn’t really show well in the pictures, but in person, the embossing adds a little bit of wow. Don’t forget to rub your Embossing Buddy over your cardstock before stamping with Versamark and sprinkling your embossing powder. It really does make a difference in the crispness of your embossed image, and you won’t have stray specks all over your project.
The last card is made with a card base from the Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes from the 2018 Sale-a-bration Catalog. I also used a scrap of pink left over from cutting out one of the flags for another card. I stamped the flower image on Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it. I tucked the sentiment behind the flagged Designer Series Paper.
You can get the Lots of Lavender stamp set or the Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes for free with a $50 order at my Stampin’ Up! store. If you spend $100, you can get both free. You need to hurry, though, because Sale-a-bration ends March 31, 2018 or while supplies last. All of the products and tools I used are listed below. Click on the item number for a direct link to that item in my store.
Materials and Tools
- Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper ( 145580 )
- Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes ( 147242 )
- Embossing Powder:
- Heat Tool ( 129053 )
- Embossing buddy ( 103083 )
- Stampin’ Trimmer ( 126889)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool ( 122334 )
- Bone folder ( 102300 )
- Acrylic blocks A ( 118487 ), B ( 117147 ), D ( 118485 ), E ( 118484 ), G ( 118489 )
- Stitched Shapes Framelits ( 145372 )
- Banner Framelits (retired)
- Die cutting machine ( 143263 )
Any questions or comments? Please leave them below. You can also click on “Contact” in the menu bar at the top of the screen to send me a private email.