The month of July is a perfect time to buy some Designer Series Paper! Why? Because it’s on sale. The sale runs from July 1 through 31, 2018. It is a Buy 3, Get 1 Free sale. Here are the Designer Series Paper packages that are on sale:
These papers are found on pages 189 and 190 of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. The Specialty Designer Series Papers and the Color Family 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers are not included in this sale.
Here’s a video to show you more detail of all the Designer Series Paper lines, including the Specialty Papers that are not included in the sale. (But they are great, so you might want to pick up some of those, too.)
Video © 2018 Stampin’ Up!®
The new 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog is here!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, it’s not Christmas, but I do have a gift for you.
If you do not already have a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator and are interested in ordering products from this year’s catalog, I’d be happy to send you a free catalog. Simply click on “Contact” in the menu at the top of this page to send me a private email. (No one else can see the contents of the email.) Please send me your name and mailing address. The only two stipulations are that you do not already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator who you routinely order from and that you live within the United States.
To find me on the Stampin’ Up! website, click on “Find a Demonstrator” at the top of the page. Click on “Find My Demonstrator” in the middle of the page. Fill out the form with my name, Sara Eby, and my state, which is Michigan (MI). Click “Search” and my information will appear on the page. Click on “Shop Now” to the right of my information to begin shopping with me. After clicking “Shop Now”, my contact information is in the top right corner of the page. You can email or call me to place an order. I can help you with your order or answer any questions you have about Stampin’ Up! products.
I do recommend that you make an account and log in to place an order. That way I can see that you placed an order and send you a thank you card. Sometimes there might also be goodies included with the card, so you don’t want to miss out.
You can see a copy of the catalog online here.
It is a huge endeavor to publish a catalog and there are bound to be a few mistakes. Here are the corrections for the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. The information on the website is correct.
- page 122, item 147377–The stamp set has a grammatical error. “Grateful Everday for You” should read “Grateful Every Day for You.” If you order this stamp set, contact me to get a replacement stamp. (You will receive only the “Grateful Every Day for You” stamp, not an entirely new set, so make sure you keep the rest of the set.)
- page 188, item 146344—Graceful Glass 6″x6″ Designer Vellum was misprinted. One line is missing from the arch. This will not be corrected. The image is sixth from the left in the catalog listing, if you would like to see which one it is.
- page 202, item 101406 and 102566–The StazOn ink pad and StazOn ink refill require special cleaner to clean the ink from stamps. The description should read, “Clean with StazOn Cleaner (p. 206).“
- page 206, item 127552–The correct price for Half Wide Stamp Cases is $5.00, not $6.00 as listed in the catalog.
- page 206, item 119105–The correct price for Standard Stamp Cases is $6.00, not $7.00 as listed in the catalog.
You will need these corrections only if you order theses items. The descriptions in the catalog are correct. The information on the website is also correct.
- item 142748–Up & Away Thinlits dies–The packaging says there are 14 dies. There are actually 15 dies.
- item 144101–Brusho Crystal Color–The weight listed on the box packaging is incorrect. The correct weight is 0.5 oz/15 g. The correct weight is listed in the catalog.
Images including Video © 2018 Stampin’ Up!®
I made a few cards with the 2-step™ stamp Lots of Lavender from the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Sale-a-bration catalog. I left most of them blank on the inside so that there is room to write a nice note to a friend.
Here are the cards
The sentiment is embossed with Silver embossing powder.
This card could be used for a get well or sympathy card.
This card has “Hope your day is wonderful!” stamped on the inside.
This card base is from the Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes from the Sale-a-bration catalog.
Here’s How I Made the Cards
- Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ cardstock, scored at 5 1/2″ on the 11″ side and folded in half.
- First Layer: 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Calypso Coral cardstock or textured purple cardstock (from my stash)
- Flagged Layer: Use the largest banner from Banner Framelits or cut Designer Series Paper to 2 3/4″ x 4 7/8″. Cut a 1″ slit in the center of the 2 3/4″ side. Cut from each corner to the top of the slit to flag the end of the paper.
- The image is stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Line the inside of the cards (except the Tutti-Frutti card) with Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
I recommend using a dark color like Soft Suede or Basic Black ink to stamp the outline image of the flowers. I tried using a green ink, but it didn’t look good. I used Perfect Plum ink on the filler stamp for the flowers. The plum ink was too dark at full strength so I stamped off twice to get a lighter shade before stamping onto the flower image. I used Calypso Coral or Bashful Bride ink on the ribbon and bow area depending on what the main color in the Designer Series Paper was or to match the Calypso Coral in the first layer.
I stamped the sentiments with Versamark ink onto scraps of cardstock and heat embossed them with gold or silver embossing powder to match the foil on the Designer Series Paper. It doesn’t really show well in the pictures, but in person, the embossing adds a little bit of wow. Don’t forget to rub your Embossing Buddy over your cardstock before stamping with Versamark and sprinkling your embossing powder. It really does make a difference in the crispness of your embossed image, and you won’t have stray specks all over your project.
The last card is made with a card base from the Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes from the 2018 Sale-a-bration Catalog. I also used a scrap of pink left over from cutting out one of the flags for another card. I stamped the flower image on Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it. I tucked the sentiment behind the flagged Designer Series Paper.
You can get the Lots of Lavender stamp set or the Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes for free with a $50 order at my Stampin’ Up! store. If you spend $100, you can get both free. You need to hurry, though, because Sale-a-bration ends March 31, 2018 or while supplies last. All of the products and tools I used are listed below. Click on the item number for a direct link to that item in my store.
Materials and Tools
- Perfect Plum ( 101889 )
- Calypso Coral ( 122925 ) and scraps
- River Rock (retired)
- Very Vanilla ( 101650 )
- Whisper White ( 100730 )
- Soft Suede ( 115318 ) or Early Espresso ( 119686 ) scraps
- Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper ( 145580 )
- Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes ( 147242 )
- Lots of Lavender ( 147194 )
- Sheltering Tree ( 137163 ) “thinking of you”
- Six-Sided Sampler (retired) “My Friend”
- Cottage Greetings (retired) “Hope your day is wonderful!”
- Greatest Greetings (retired) “sending smiles”
- Embossing Powder:
- Stampin’ Dimensionals ( 104430 ) and Mini Dimensionals ( 144108 )
- Fast Fuse
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue ( 110755 )
Any questions or comments? Please leave them below. You can also click on “Contact” in the menu bar at the top of the screen to send me a private email.